Sunday, September 12, 2010

Button Thief

I remember obsessively collecting buttons when I was about 6 years old - to me they were like little jewels and I kept a jar of them hidden away from possible thieves. So I can definitely see the appeal of 'Button Thief' - a children's book created by first-time author Latesha Randall and illustrator Esther Griffiths. They have recently self published it (these are some of the illustrations) and are now in the process of getting it into stores around New Zealand. A story about 'friendship, forgiveness and the thrill of collecting', it will no doubt delight small girls everywhere. Once they own the book, young button lovers can sign up to 'Button Buddies' - where they'll be matched up with a pen friend to swap letters and buttons with - what a great idea!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful! I added it to my giveaway back in May because I just had to tell the world about it!!!!
    http://reallyreallydesign.blogspot.com/2010/04/reallyreally-design-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FAB idea and I love the illustrations too! I hope that these books will be readily available in Sydney as well!? Christmas is around the corner and I know quite a few little (and big) girls who would love this little wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're really only available online at present. I'm sure they'd be very happy to send a whole lot over though. :)

    ReplyDelete